Yes that is what we do everyday. We keep securing our doors with nice and strong locks. But where are walls ? We live in a place where there is big door which is locked by a strong lock but there are no walls around. We are afraid of uncertainty and hence we keep locking our doors. Whatever we do but life cannot be secure. Life means flying in unknown territory. Life is always uncertain. Only dead can be secure and certain. Security can give us more years to life but accepting insecurity will give us more life to our years.
We go to work everyday even if we hate our job. We keep moving around with same friends even if relations are already dead. Why? Because we do not want to take risk in finding new friends.It is not future we are afraid of, it is possible worst outcome we are afraid of. We stay with our fear of not speaking in public. we stop ourselves from writing, painting, dancing or singing. Why? Because we fear of losing our worth in someone’s eyes. We pretend to be happy so that we do not have to take risk of losing our image.
Let us just examine if we are really secure and risk free? In spite of taking so much of care are we really secure? No, we are not. What is under our control anyway ? Is our Job/business secure? Is there anyway to have secure relationship forever? Is there anyway to keep our image intact in eyes of world around us? Nothing is risk free. Everything is uncertain.
So let us accept uncertainty as way of life. Instead of running away from uncertainty let us embrace it and make it part of our life. Most of our anxiety will go away if we know that nothing is certain in life. We will live our life instead of waiting to live one day when things will be secure and certain. Embrace change in our life. Develop confidence on yourself. When you think through any scenario you feel is very fearful, most of the time it is not as bad as you think. Develop skill sets so that it can be helpful in your bad time.
I insist you to go for change, get out of your comfort zone and live your life at fullest.
Feel the fear and do it anyway !!
Economies are shrinking. Day by day businesses are becoming more tougher. Hence the few tips !!
- Be prudent : Before taking any decision which can affect your business in any way, be careful. Don’t just use your guts but also use your brain.
- Put your house in order : Although we are more affected by our environment, surroundings and markets, we are more affected how we work and how we keep our house in order.Keep your books up-to-date, maintain daily reporting system, keep your sales, debts, stock on your finger tips. Keep all legal papers handy. Make sure that you know all related laws of the land.
- Work with your competition : In usual business we want to work against our competition. I suggest to know them more. Make deal with them in better interest of both the business. keep good relation with them. know their business more. Lets not take the ostrich approach. Lets face it.
- Reduce your costs : Reduce your costs : Specially your fix costs. Try to maximize return on your current fix cost. Incur it if it extremely important.
- Work with ethics : Don’t forget why on the first place you are in business. The primary purpose is to create something, to make living but of course not at the cost of others. Anything which is not ethical will not last for longer.
- Diversify : Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket. Even if you are in one business, try to sell complementary products, Add value in what you do. Look at your products from end user’s point of view. Too much dependents on one product or service can be dangerous in longer run
- Insurance : It is not the cost but it is your peaceful sleep at night. Big or small, any business should not underestimate power of insurance.
- Look for new opportunities : While you are doing your business in a conventional way, keep your eyes and ears open. Look for gap in the market. Be creative and use different approach to promote your products.
Don’t use short cuts to achieve success. Grow your business like parents raising their children. Step by Step !!!
First of all apology to myself for not writing any article for months. Second apology to all my readers for being away for so many months.
I was out of my mind, literally. Now I feel I am back. I am sure it will be fun ;). Now lets talk about the topic. Prerequisite of meditation.
I was reading a book on Meditation by Osho. One of my all time favorite. While i was reading this book i was noting some points on Prerequisite of meditation. Today, I am
simply writing down those notes for you to go through it as I feel that it will be of immense help. Please keep in mind that these are not full notes on the book but just part of it.
Resolution at every night
First take slow deep breaths, filling yourself up, filling your lungs up as deeply as you can. When you have inhaled as much as you can, continue to hold the thought “I will experience meditation” and keep repeating this sentence. Then exhale and at one point you will feel that there is absolutely no more air to exhale but there is. So throw that out too and repeat the sentence .Don’t be afraid. you will never exhale completely. That’s why when you feel that there is no more breath left in you, there always is- so try also to exhale that . Exhale as totally as you can and keep repeating “I will experience meditation” Do it Five times.
Purification of the body
- There should be no blocks, no complexes in the body, in the system of the body then the body is pure
- Remember this “the energy does not simply evaporate”
- Energy is never destroyed, energy never comes to an end.
- To remove blocks and complexes from the body, once a week, for half an hour, you lock yourself in a room and let your body do whatsoever it feel like doing.
- You have to see to it that new blocks does not develop.
- Transform the energy of anger creatively.
- When you are angry, contract the muscles of your legs (no body can see your legs) as much as you can, make them stiff, pull them as tight as you can. when you feel that you cant go any further, suddenly relax them. you will be surprised to see that the anger has gone and you will also be exercising your muscles and toning them up.
- Energy is always neutral.
- So to purify the body, old blocks have to be released and new blocks have to be transformed creatively. Those are the two preliminary steps and they are very important.
- Physical exercise makes creative use of the body.
- Creativity is heaven and destructiveness is hell.
- So first, when an emotion arises, release it through your body in the form of any exercise. Second, learn to be creative.
- Learn to lead a creative life.
- Creativity means that you do something solely for the joy it gives you.
- You can sculpt, write a song, sing a song, play a guitar it does not matter what you do, but do it only for pleasure and not as profession.
- Do something in life which is only for pleasure. Some thing is not your profession. Then all the destructive energy will be transformed and will become creative.
- Some who gives no time to creativity will be troubled and he/she will ruin his/her own life.
- Anger is sign of an un creative person.
- So remember this, that in order to totally purify the body you must try to live life creatively.
- You will have to be careful about your diet and what you eat.
- First, you should not eat so much food that your body becomes lethargic. Lethargy is unhealthy.
- your food should also not make your body excited. excitement is unhealthy because excitement will create imbalance in your body.
- You should eat enough so that the body does not waste away because that will only create weakness.
- Lethargy is an indication that you have overeaten.
- So remember this three things : if your diet is healthy it will not make you lethargic, if your diet is healthy then it will not stimulate you, if your diet is healthy, it will not make you feel intoxicated.
- Exercise is absolutely important for the body because all the elements that the body is made of expand with exercise.
- When every cell of your body expand you feel very healthy and when they are contracted you feel sick.
- Excessive rest is harmful, excessive exercise is also harmful
- Rest is a long, deep sleep in which the whole body is sleeping, all its activities have slowed down and all the stress that it has been under is released.
Right diet, right sleep and right exercise. These are prerequisite of meditation.