Today’s reasons to be grateful.
I am alive. I am breathing. What on earth did I do to earn this breath? God knows. I can feel each breath. I am grateful to mother nature.
I feel I am being loved. My friends and family are so generous. Despite of my flaws they keep loving me. I am grateful to them.
Who are these Musicians ? They are such lovely people. Today when I was listening to a song, my heart danced with joy. For 4 min and 57 seconds I was in a different world. I am grateful to the Musicians.
I don’t know why my comfort is being taken care of ? My bed, my pillow, infact the whole house, car, a/c of my car, roads, traffic rules, co traveller who allows me to pass by, parking zones and bright sunny day. As if everyone and everything is made to make me comfortable. I am grateful to everyone and everything.
My food was so delicious. All those who helped to make it so, are marvelous people. Farmers, laborers, traders, manufacturers, transporters, grocist, my wife who made it and our maid who helped. Food was made exactly the way I wanted it. I am grateful to all of them.
Thank you all !!
First of all apology to myself for not writing any article for months. Second apology to all my readers for being away for so many months.
I was out of my mind, literally. Now I feel I am back. I am sure it will be fun ;). Now lets talk about the topic. Prerequisite of meditation.
I was reading a book on Meditation by Osho. One of my all time favorite. While i was reading this book i was noting some points on Prerequisite of meditation. Today, I am
simply writing down those notes for you to go through it as I feel that it will be of immense help. Please keep in mind that these are not full notes on the book but just part of it.
Resolution at every night
First take slow deep breaths, filling yourself up, filling your lungs up as deeply as you can. When you have inhaled as much as you can, continue to hold the thought “I will experience meditation” and keep repeating this sentence. Then exhale and at one point you will feel that there is absolutely no more air to exhale but there is. So throw that out too and repeat the sentence .Don’t be afraid. you will never exhale completely. That’s why when you feel that there is no more breath left in you, there always is- so try also to exhale that . Exhale as totally as you can and keep repeating “I will experience meditation” Do it Five times.
Purification of the body
- There should be no blocks, no complexes in the body, in the system of the body then the body is pure
- Remember this “the energy does not simply evaporate”
- Energy is never destroyed, energy never comes to an end.
- To remove blocks and complexes from the body, once a week, for half an hour, you lock yourself in a room and let your body do whatsoever it feel like doing.
- You have to see to it that new blocks does not develop.
- Transform the energy of anger creatively.
- When you are angry, contract the muscles of your legs (no body can see your legs) as much as you can, make them stiff, pull them as tight as you can. when you feel that you cant go any further, suddenly relax them. you will be surprised to see that the anger has gone and you will also be exercising your muscles and toning them up.
- Energy is always neutral.
- So to purify the body, old blocks have to be released and new blocks have to be transformed creatively. Those are the two preliminary steps and they are very important.
- Physical exercise makes creative use of the body.
- Creativity is heaven and destructiveness is hell.
- So first, when an emotion arises, release it through your body in the form of any exercise. Second, learn to be creative.
- Learn to lead a creative life.
- Creativity means that you do something solely for the joy it gives you.
- You can sculpt, write a song, sing a song, play a guitar it does not matter what you do, but do it only for pleasure and not as profession.
- Do something in life which is only for pleasure. Some thing is not your profession. Then all the destructive energy will be transformed and will become creative.
- Some who gives no time to creativity will be troubled and he/she will ruin his/her own life.
- Anger is sign of an un creative person.
- So remember this, that in order to totally purify the body you must try to live life creatively.
- You will have to be careful about your diet and what you eat.
- First, you should not eat so much food that your body becomes lethargic. Lethargy is unhealthy.
- your food should also not make your body excited. excitement is unhealthy because excitement will create imbalance in your body.
- You should eat enough so that the body does not waste away because that will only create weakness.
- Lethargy is an indication that you have overeaten.
- So remember this three things : if your diet is healthy it will not make you lethargic, if your diet is healthy then it will not stimulate you, if your diet is healthy, it will not make you feel intoxicated.
- Exercise is absolutely important for the body because all the elements that the body is made of expand with exercise.
- When every cell of your body expand you feel very healthy and when they are contracted you feel sick.
- Excessive rest is harmful, excessive exercise is also harmful
- Rest is a long, deep sleep in which the whole body is sleeping, all its activities have slowed down and all the stress that it has been under is released.
Right diet, right sleep and right exercise. These are prerequisite of meditation.