Last few weeks were very heavy. Death of nearest family member,robbery at work place and sickness. Very gloomy and doomy days. But since yesterday I am feeling that now I have completely come out of it.
Everyone goes through tough times. Some come out better than others. So what is the secret ? Mostly it is to do with attitude. Here s how.
It’s only a problem if you think it’s a problem: If you take any situation as problem, negativity will surround you but if you take it as an opportunity to learn, you will get positive energy from all over. Sometime it is matter of your perspective.
- You are not a victim : You are a victim in your thoughts, words and actions. It is your own mindset. No one can make you victim unless you allow it to happen. Abandon the victim mentality and become victorious. Change your thoughts, words and action and you will see how you become Victory from victim.
- What is, is : It is said that we suffer because we resist “what is”. It means if you accept things as it is then there is no suffering. If any situation is not acceptable to you, change it if you can. So there are two options 1) Accept it and let go of resistance. 2) Suffer by obsessing over it.
- Change yourself first : We feel that changing circumstances will give us happiness but its not true. Because we will be the same inside even in new circumstances. You can remain happy if you change yourself first. If you are chaotic and unsatisfied inside, outer circumstances will not change the fact until you are not peaceful and satisfied inside.
- Everything happens for good : If you look in your past, you will get proof of it. Just have faith that everything happens exactly the way it’s supposed to. If you are not getting things what you want that means something better is coming.
- Focus on joy and not on pain : It is our habit to give more attention to our problems, pain and on what we don’t have. Instead focus on what you have and enjoy it. It is a matter of perspective. Make a habit of enjoying everyday. People feel guilty if they are enjoying as if it sin. To have fun is your right. Go for it.
- Go easy on comparison : Ideally we should not compare ourselves but I know our mind is comparing 24×7. Its ok to compare. But don’t take is seriously. Instead go easy on it. Try to compare yourself with under privileged. You will feel luckier.
- Things can and do change : “And this shall too pass”. Everything changes. Good and bad times. It has never happened that bad time has remained forever. Just keep trust and it shall pass too.
- Anything is possible : There are enough evidence of miracles. It happens everyday. Healing of stage 4 cancer to survival from dangerous car crash. It depends on you belief. if you believe that it can happen to you, you have already won the battle.
- Appreciate the present moment : It will soon become the memory. Life only happens, evolve and exist in present moment. It is good moment or bad depends on with what you are comparing it. Live it or else you are going to miss it soon.
There is nothing wrong in tough time itself. It is our resistance which makes it wrong.
“If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it”. – Mary Engelbreit
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan