Last few weeks were very heavy. Death of nearest family member,robbery at work place and sickness. Very gloomy and doomy days. But since yesterday I am feeling that now I have completely come out of it.
Everyone goes through tough times. Some come out better than others. So what is the secret ? Mostly it is to do with attitude. Here s how.
It’s only a problem if you think it’s a problem: If you take any situation as problem, negativity will surround you but if you take it as an opportunity to learn, you will get positive energy from all over. Sometime it is matter of your perspective.
- You are not a victim : You are a victim in your thoughts, words and actions. It is your own mindset. No one can make you victim unless you allow it to happen. Abandon the victim mentality and become victorious. Change your thoughts, words and action and you will see how you become Victory from victim.
- What is, is : It is said that we suffer because we resist “what is”. It means if you accept things as it is then there is no suffering. If any situation is not acceptable to you, change it if you can. So there are two options 1) Accept it and let go of resistance. 2) Suffer by obsessing over it.
- Change yourself first : We feel that changing circumstances will give us happiness but its not true. Because we will be the same inside even in new circumstances. You can remain happy if you change yourself first. If you are chaotic and unsatisfied inside, outer circumstances will not change the fact until you are not peaceful and satisfied inside.
- Everything happens for good : If you look in your past, you will get proof of it. Just have faith that everything happens exactly the way it’s supposed to. If you are not getting things what you want that means something better is coming.
- Focus on joy and not on pain : It is our habit to give more attention to our problems, pain and on what we don’t have. Instead focus on what you have and enjoy it. It is a matter of perspective. Make a habit of enjoying everyday. People feel guilty if they are enjoying as if it sin. To have fun is your right. Go for it.
- Go easy on comparison : Ideally we should not compare ourselves but I know our mind is comparing 24×7. Its ok to compare. But don’t take is seriously. Instead go easy on it. Try to compare yourself with under privileged. You will feel luckier.
- Things can and do change : “And this shall too pass”. Everything changes. Good and bad times. It has never happened that bad time has remained forever. Just keep trust and it shall pass too.
- Anything is possible : There are enough evidence of miracles. It happens everyday. Healing of stage 4 cancer to survival from dangerous car crash. It depends on you belief. if you believe that it can happen to you, you have already won the battle.
- Appreciate the present moment : It will soon become the memory. Life only happens, evolve and exist in present moment. It is good moment or bad depends on with what you are comparing it. Live it or else you are going to miss it soon.
There is nothing wrong in tough time itself. It is our resistance which makes it wrong.
“If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it”. – Mary Engelbreit
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
I am breathing. I am alive. What have I done to get this wonderful experience ? Have I earned it? As far as my memory allows me to remember, I have not done anything great to deserve such an experience. So today I am grateful to universe. I am thankful to God for giving me such a wonderful gift. I can see, hear, feel, smell, think, walk and talk. There are billions and trillions of lives on the earth who cannot do even fractions of what I can do. I want to thank God for giving me such a valuable gift.
I have a goal. I am working towards it. Day in day out. I am looking far in horizon where I can see my dreams coming true. Which proves that I am not happy where I am now. I want something which I think I don’t have. Millions of people are doing what I am doing. All of us are chasing our dreams. Will I change physically, mentally, spiritually if I get what I want? I am not sure. Isn’t it that I am fool who is running behind something which only exist in my mind? I am not sure. I am successful today. My friends and family reminds me that I have acquired which millions aspire to achieve. Is it ? But how come I do not feel happy about it? I myself, few years back, was waiting to become what I am today. How come I am not satisfied today ? Why am I creating more goals and dreams ? Why do I want to become someone else ?
I want to enjoy what I have today. I want to be myself. Why am I in so much of rush? I want to slowdown. ( Just notice, still I am talking about my “wants”, as if something else will make me happy which I do not have now)
I am feeling blessed. I am full of emotion of thankfulness. May God give such feelings to all of you too.
Don’t be indecisive. Don’t be in the middle. Either be a caveman, put leaves below your belly and go to the jungle. Live in a small hut and enjoy the nature. Or make enough of money so that you can afford to go to jungle and live beside a lake in a fully furnished chalet and still enjoy the nature. Being in the middle means working whole life to make both ends meet. It means since you wake up till you go to bed you are not living but working so that you can live. Life is hard when there isn’t enough money.
What is enough ?
We all know time=money. So whatever time we have in hand we put all of it in making money thinking more time we spend more money we will make. In this process we have lot of money but we do not have enough time. This leads us to unhealthy lifestyle, stress, frustration and emptiness. The concept of time = money is misinterpreted. Actually the truth is time = richness(not money). The person who has more time is richer than the person who doesn’t have time even if he has millions in his bank account. Now the “enough” means you have enough time to spend with your friends and family, enough time to travel your favorite places ,enough time to follow your passion. That is what title of this post says “Money is not important, until there’s not enough.”
The first condition for getting what you want is to know what you want. Define your “enough”. Don’t go behind money like madman. Once you know how much you want then it is easy to go behind it. Never settle for less. But do not forget why are you behind money. Your main purpose is not to make money but to enjoy your time while you are here.
Once you know that time is richness and how much money is enough your goal is clear. Now make your mind up to make enough money with less time. Believe in your goal. Believe that it is possible. Your strong belief can make your potential unleash. I again insist don’t settle for less. But be clear and know what is enough.
“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but it is more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”- George Bernard Shaw